Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Read through your Bible next year!

It is time to get ready for your 2015 Bible reading. This year I am using a reading plan that gives me an Old Testament and New Testament reading each day. The Psalms are spread out with 1 day of Psalms after finishing each Old Testament book. If you would like a copy of this plan, please let me know. If you want help choosing a Bible to read I would be happy to help with that too.

The Bible I am using is the Daily Reading Bible - NASB. I started out (yes, I got started on 2015 early) reading on my Kindle. The Kindle version is $4.99 ($0 if you have Kindle Unlimited). I recently got a Cambridge Clarion Reference Bible in NASB. It is such a joy to read that I started getting up early so I could read in my new Bible before going to work. The Cambridge Clarion Reference is a single column setting with the references in the outside margin. This makes for easy reading.

The advantage of the Kindle edition is that I can read it on my Kindle, my phone or even on my PC. My place in the Bible is automatically saved so I never lose my spot. Any notes or bookmarks I add are saved as well.

There is no substitute for reading the Bible for yourself. It is helpful to learn from others and to read commentary on the Bible. But personal knowledge of the Bible is crucial for your faith life. Prepare yourself to receive blessings directly from God's word this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment