Thursday, June 28, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
The U.S. bishops have announced a plan to revise the New Testament of the New American Bible so a single version can be used for individual prayer, catechesis and liturgy.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Monday, June 11, 2012
My book has a page on McFarland Publishing's website now. I don't know if this is the final cover. I wasn't contacted about it yet, so I'm not sure. It is listed for publication in the fall/winter of 2012. It may be a while yet as it has just gotten turned over to the production department. Also, no word yet on the final number of pages.
It is also available for pre-order on Amazon.com
It includes a bible file with 6,000+ footnote references in it. It includes a commentary file with the text of those 6,000+ footnotes. It also includes a dictionary file with 107 entries that explains words and concepts that many modern people wouldn't understand initially. Words such as "apostle" and "high priest" are explained, as well as many other things.
- a door into Scripture, an appetite-whetter that points the way to the whole Bible
- easy to read and understand
- faithful to the text and meaning of the original
- verses grouped in passages without verse numbers
- order of New Testament books changed with the Synoptic Gospels presented as one narrative
- brief introductions to each New Testament book offer a summary of the book and an insight into it from the author
It is available for pre-order at the Bible Society Website. It will be available on July 23rd, 2012.