Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

How Many Bibles?

How many versions of the Bible are available in your primary language? Mine is English and there are hundreds of different versions available to me. That study has been a major project for me over the past few years. But a far more important one has been my reading the Bible.

I read an article this morning, The English Translation Deluge, by Rob J. Hyndman. He brings up the very important point that there are still many people who do not have any Bible in their language.

We can help right this problem. No, I can't translate the Bible. But Rob lists several organizations that can and do. Please read his article. Then consider supporting the United Bible Societies, Wycliffe Bible Translators or SIL International.

I remember how excited I was when I got my first Bible and read it through. I pray everyone will have that opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment