Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Name Change

My good friend, Bill Chamberlin, and I started calling ourselves "Bible Hunters" several years ago when we started corresponding about Bibles. Both of us are working on our books - Bill on a new work to follow up and replace his 1991 "Catalogue of English Bible Translations." And yes, I thought of it after hearing and watching Steve Irwin's "Crocodile Hunter" shows. It seemed hilarious to imagine a bespectacled researcher creeping through a bookstore like Steve did in the wilderness. The name stuck. Bill and I continue to hunt and record information from Bibles. Sometimes we release them back into the wild. Others we keep in specially maintained preserves where the Bibles are free to roam with others of their kind. Today I realized that my blog name was very clunky, so I changed it to the title I'd adapted many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment